Saturday, October 15, 2011

Jay McCarrol Habitat challenge

I really don't know much about the fabric world. I like fabric, but I like music more. I mean I could spend hours listening and talking about the newest albums of the week, but get lost in the world of fabric names and designers. That being said....I think some fabric printsnare beautiful.
So for part of my quilt guild, Houston modern quilt guild, they participated in a Jay MCCarrol habitat fabric challenge. We all got some fabric from the new fabric line and were asked to make something. I planned on stepping outside my comfort zone to make a little clutch but have yet to piece it all together. So, I then decided to make a patchy wine bottle cover. I like it, it turned out quite whimsical.

Jay McCarrol challenge

It was fun to do and hopefully I can finish the little purse also.

On a side note- awesome new CD's
- Feist 'Metals'
- The Jayhawks
- My Brightest Diamond
- St. Vincent

I should write about some of these sometimes, but I never am good at explaining music. It just is and I love it!

Also-- for anyone who reads this and is interested. The guild is having a meetup for the quilt festival.

1 comment:

  1. http://themodernquiltguild.com/2011/09/12/the-mqg-fall-2011-marketfestival-meetups/#entry

    ReplyDelete