I have been randomly reading blogs only to realize how self-indulgent they can be. Oh well, I suppose I knew that, it just has become so apparent on Jan. 1st.
So I may just play along, and write my accomplishments from 2010 and how I am going to top them in 2011. Or I may just write a short list of things I am hoping to get done for 2011. In all actuality I was never a fan of making resolutions, not because I don't think I have things I need to improve about myself just a new calendar year never seemed like to time to think about these things-- the spring equinox seemed a more appropriate time for contemplation and rebirth. Believe me I have tons of things I need to resolve.
List of 2011 resolutions
1. Make a resolution-- not sure why, but maybe I will shake my sarcasm, dry humor, and overall under-achievement to rise to higher and higher levels of betterment. Maybe I can fill out this form that evaluates my year and then set goals for the next year (ok- I am obviously not gonna succeed in this bullshit resolution........my cynicism gets the better of me).
2. Visit Meredith and Julie. It has been way too long since I have seen these two lovely ladies and we need some quality time with each other.
3. Get a paper submitted. I have several potential papers from my dissertation or work-related research. I need to get something out there.
4. Practice my harp 30-45 minutes a day. Matt and I have discussed the possibility of a performance sometime this year. That would be super fun.
5. Get back into a good cooking schedule. I was quite lazy this year.
6. Continue sewing and knitting-- I have no specific goals except to enjoy myself.
7. Give back to the community more- be it through handouts on the streets, volunteering at food banks, plant some trees, knitting hats, supporting the arts, etc.
Ok-- well I guess I am done. Off to making some black eyed peas and cabbage.
2 days ago